Wednesday 11 December 2013

Mini Mani Month: Days 9, 10 & 11

Day 9: Pillow Fight

What Ciate say: “Creamy delicate grey with the smallest hint of lilac, innocent looking with an edge. Get ready to release your playful side”.

What I say: Another colour in this Mini Mani Month collection that I love. It’s a lovely deep grey and you can really see the hint of lilac coming through. The first coat was rather sheer so you need 3 coats. It was easy to apply and dried quickly.

Day 10: Speed Coat

What Ciate say: “Speed Coat is an award winning Formaldehyde free top coat which guarantees touch dry nails in sixty seconds, locks in colour and can extend colour wear. Taking the nail industry by storm, this formula has won many industry awards since it's 2008 launch. Including U Magazine's Best Top Coat award. A high gloss finish and chip free for up to 10 days, this gorgeous product delivers a perfect performance”.
What I say: Well this fast dry top coat sounds promising but I haven’t put it to the test just yet. Looking forward to trying it, if it’s anything like their other nail polishes I’m sure it will be great.

Day 11: Jingle Belle

What I say: This glitter in a bottle is exclusive to the Ciate Mini Mani Month calendar. It gives you a textured glitter manicure. Apply 2 coats of polish and while it is still wet you scatter the glitter on. It’s a very fine glitter consisting of pink/red and iridescent pieces. My camera phone doesn’t do it justice, it is so pretty and sparkly. I found the glitter application to be a little wasteful, as you’re scattering it the glitter tends to get everywhere. I think if the product packaging for the glitter was a small wide dish it would be easier to dab your wet nail straight into the glitter. Love this though, very Christmassy.  
 Jingle Belle glitter in sunlight
Have you ever used glitter to create a textured manicure? What top coat do you like to use? 

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment: