Monday 17 February 2014

Introducing Revlon Parfumerie

 
 
This is Revlon’s new scented nail polish collection. It comes in 24 shades which all dry with an irresistible fragrance. How cute are the bottles shaped like little perfumes! I have 5 shades that I want to quickly share with you today.

African Tea Rose

This was the first shade I tried in the collection (it was a gift from my bestie) I loved it so much I had to go and purchase more! This is a beautiful, vibrant and bright pink with a hint of purple shimmer. It has a strong scent which smells just like roses. The application was smooth and opaque in 2 coats. I really love the scent and shade of this polish, perfect for summer.
Lime Basil

I don’t own many green nail polishes so I thought I’d try something different and purchased this. It’s a gorgeous bright shade of ‘jade’ green with a crème finish. The consistency is thin but easy to work with, opaque in 2 coats. It has a beautiful shiny finish but I am personally not a fan of the sweet citrus scent, it reminds me of a toilet refresher spray.
Powder Puff

This is a sheer polish so if you want full opacity you’ll need 3 to 4 coats. The colour is so sweet and girly, a pale baby pink with the prettiest micro iridescent glitter. The application was fairly smooth although if you’re not careful it can get a little patchy. It smells like baby powder, not overpowering at all.
Apricot Nectar

This has a super thin consistency, too thin for my liking as it was hard to work with. It applied patchy so you’ll need 3 coats. The colour is a stand out, a medium apricot, coral crème. It has a sweet, fruity and tangy scent. It reminds me of a lolly I’ve had but I just can’t think of what it is…
Spun Sugar

I love metallic colours and this colour is a hit for me. It’s actually interesting because it’s not silver and it’s not gold, it’s somewhere in between. It was easy to apply and opaque in 2 coats although when you look closely you can notice some brush strokes. It has a strong scent, sweet and musky. It reminds me of the Kim Kardashian Gold perfume.
 

Overall I love all the shades, I think the scents are either a hit or miss. It’s difficult to describe scents as what it smells like for me will probably smell completely different to someone else. Most of the formulas are good and they seem to last 3 days before chipping (I didn’t use a top coat).  The packaging is so pretty, it looks perfect on the bedside table!
 
Are these polishes something you’d like to try?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment: